Thursday, March 08, 2007

I am freaking out right now!!

Almost hysterical. I just heard on the news one of the foster parent homes I had kids at when I worked at DHS, the man is in custody for sexually abusing the boys in his home and videotaping it. This man is a single business man and from the first time I heard of him I had a bad feeling. I feel so awful. I only had one kid there a 15 year old and it was only for a few weeks before he was sent to bootcamp. But they said it may be over 30 kids. He only was allowed to keep boys and from when I was there it was ages 12 and up. And the news on TV said that there were calls made to DHS months ago and the boys were removed from the home, and then others were later placed back in. WTF!! This is the placement units fault, these are the same assholes that caused me to quit because of their non-caring for the kids. I am furious!!! I want to go beat someone. And then I am mad at myself. I had this gut feeling, but what could I do, say "hey, does anyone else think it odd that this middle aged business man is not married nor even has a girlfriend and keeps teenage boys. I guess that is considered stereotyping, but my feeling was right on!!!! And not only does this make the placement unit look bad, but our good social workers including me. You know they are going to be checking the computer entries to make sure the kids were seen on schedule. I am so glad I don't work there anymore, no telling how many more kids I would of had there. But I feel so bad for all of them that were in that home. Gosh I need a drink, and I am not even a drinker!!!! Maybe some valium or something. 18

No comments: