Thursday, March 01, 2007

Homeschooling and tantrums, inc.

Well I have had several people ask me how the homeschooling has been going with Gage. I am pleased to report it is going very well. I was so surprised how little time it actually takes. While I was told by severl it only takes a couple of hours I thought surely with Gage it would be more. But no, he flies through his work. I realized the first day I was going to have to give him more. I also realized that he is way above level on Math skills, maybe even 2nd or 3rd grade. His typical day starts with breakfast, then worksheets of all subjects, then art or music, then break, then gym time which is basically him riding his bike in the garage. Then by then he is ready for lunch. On the first 2 Fridays of the month we will go to a Homeschool Co-op which is held at our church. So far he loves every bit of it. And guess what, I haven't had much behavioral problems with him at all. Makes me feel good about the decision to do this.

I got some good news yesterday. I received our official incorporation certificate, so our non-profit is officially a corporation now. Next step is filing the big form for tax exempt status. Here is a nice snapshot of our certificate.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For a little humor I will add some videos of Kieran throwing her daily tantrum when she gets home from Pre-K. It's her way of venting. Afterwards she is fine. Don't mind the messy house. Like I have time to clean...Ha!



No comments: