Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Weekend in Oklahoma

We had a very busy weekend in Oklahoma. Friday we left Arkansas early enough to catch Kelsey's homecoming that evening, where she was a candidate for homecoming queen. I also got to see her cheer for the first time in 4 years. The next day we went to my Mom's until that evening. The kids had a blast playing outside and opening their presents, as well as getting to spend some time with their Nonni, Paw, and KK. Also little Zoe was there to play with too, so that made it even more fun. That evening we went and had another Christmas at Steven's mom and dad's. Both his brothers and their kids were there, totalling 7 kids out of all of us. That was a rambunctious bunch there. Not one quiet moment! Got several little videos made, which I hope to have posted soon. It might scare those who wish to someday have children though. Granny was nice enough to get instruments as presents, lol. Gage got a keyboard piano which hooks up to the TV which can teach him some songs. I taught him a song, that I learned several years ago by ear, after showing him only a couple of times and him not even trying to practice it...he was playing the first chord the next night out of nowhere. We were shocked!! I guess he has a talent there. Kieran got an accordian. That out to be cute when they both learn how to play them well. 

The next day we went to Nonni's and Paw's church where the kids sang in front of the church. Pretty good for not practicing at all. After that we drove back to Arkansas where we again had plans. We went to our church's Christmas party where we ate dinner and participated in a Present Auction to help raise money for Lottie Moon foundation. The kids got to have their own party as well. After all this I was completely exhausted plus I came down with a sore throat which I still have. I was going to start making Christmas cookies tonight but I guess that will wait until tomorrow, until I can rest up. Overall the weekend was very nice, just tiresome, but isn't that what the holidays are about anyways?

Also, just a tidbit...this is my 100th blog post, I thought that was interesting.


No comments: