Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a really nice, somewhat quiet Thanksgiving here at the house with just the kids and us. I say somewhat quiet as with these kids it is never trully quiet. The kids of course had their chicken nuggets and homemade pizza for their dinner while Steven and I had our version of dinner. The best was the awesome Pumpkin cheesecake, which we all agreed on. I think there is one slice left and it will be gone by morning. Gosh, it was good, they better have them for Christmas as well. Since today was VERY nice outside we took the kids to go play in the leaves, of course they had a blast doing that. I even took a small nap, late in the evening. Now the Broncos are playing...of course they are losing, which is to be expected as they are playing in Kansas City. Who knows maybe a Thanksgiving miracle will happen and they will break that curse. Well it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without my list of things I am Thankful for. Of course I can never remember everything, but let's hope I get the majority....

I am Thankful for...

My God, which is the reason I have everything else in the first place.
My husband and my children, not a day goes by that I don't feel trully blessed to have them.
My family as well as my husbands family, we both have great parents and could not ask for better.
My church family. It has been our church home for a little more than a year and they have been trully awesome.
My friends, both new and old.
Our home, may not be "ours" as we rent, but it is where our heart is and it is a large roof over our heads, which keeps us warm.
The opportunity to further our education, and the schools that we go to. I am also Thankful to find a place nearbye that had my choice of program of study.
My health and the health of my family.
My abilities and talents, too many to list....ok, I am totally kidding, but the few I do have I am very Thankful for.
All the blessings God has given us and allowed us to have, from the books I read to the food I eat, let no stone be unturned.
And of course everyday I wake up, I am so trully Thankful for this life I have and which God has given me. I could not imagine a better one if I tried.

No comments: