Saturday, July 08, 2006

Crunch Time!

Well it seems my relaxing is coming to an end. Monday I start my 6 hours of graduate classes for the summer, all within one month. Needless to say my head will be in the books and writing papers most of that time. Then I will get about a week off and then Fall semester starts. I had several avenue's to take as far as what to do this Fall in preparation of my graduation. While things were working out that I could start my practicum, I started having second thoughts as I was dreading the stress of it being mixed with the anticipation of the upcoming birth. While it's not necessarily a question of can I now, it's should I! Starting Practicum would mean less time away from the baby, which is causing some guilt on my part. So I try to put it in perspective, so what if I graduate a semester later, is my life going to end? No! Therefore my other two options include take 2 classes this Fall or take it off. Honestly I think it would not be prudent for me to take it off completely as I need the "outlet". So it seems I am left with the taking 2 classes option, which is the middle ground I am looking for. That will give me 2 nights away to do something for me. I can easily see myself going stir crazy if I take it off. Plus taking classes will help keep my mind from going crazy waiting on the birth, which is just right around the corner, it seems.

No comments: