Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Just got over being the sickest...

I have ever been. It started a week ago from Tuesday, came and went until Friday when it hit like a freight train. I threw up and then had the other. Got so bad had to have my Dr. call in a prescription because I was dehydrated. Thought I was going to have to go to the ER, kept putting it off. Finally it stopped Sunday morning, luckily the day I had a 90 minute massage scheduled which was to be my valentines gift. I remember telling Steven that I don't remember ever feeling that bad. It was awful. The lady giving me the massage said I had so many knots, she literally had to knead them out. I am not surprised. Parts of it were painful but I felt so much better afterwards. I need to get small ones about every 3 months.

On another but similar note, I managed to tell my superviser and his superviser today that they need to start looking for a replacement for me today. Of course I even told them I would stay for a few months, but they were still trying to talk me out of it. Managed to have me wait until Monday April 3rd, to make up my official mind. I told them I was pregnant and that I want to quit by then, they made it sound like I could just tae maternity leave and the world would be perfect. I don't like putting my babies in daycare. I have always stayed home with them when they were little and plan to do the same with this one. I will not neglect my family for a job that stresses me out for a reason that I cannot comprehend. I feel releaved since telling them so I know it was the right choice. Just not the right one to them. While there are other working moms there, there are none that are going to school, to me just listening to all this stuff I do makes me sick, even more having to actually do them. I have even decided to not graduate when I was going to and take less hours each semester and go at a smoother pace. I am competing with no one, yet I feel like I am running a race that cannot be won. I will need prayers in this time. Prayers for an opportunity to stay home and do something there instead of working at DHS which in the end will kill me, and that my boss's will understand and support me, and also look for a replacement so I don't leave people in a bind. That was the reason in the first place I went to them, and they made it sound like it is not that easy. Oh well, guess they will see!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'll be praying for you Jessica! Congratulations on your pregnancy, Amie told me. Keeping it to myself though :D