Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Well, I knew it would be bad!!


The court case I have been dreading since the day I was assigned all of my cases was today. This was the one where the judge would decide whether or not to start seeking termination or continue with reunification. Well it seems I was the only one who was suggesting termination be the new goal. Sadly the judge agreed with me. I say sadly because although it is what I suggested I know that if this does happen it will break these childrens hearts as they are very attached to the parents. But unfortunately love is not enough. To make matters worse Dad has made a threat in earlier weeks saying, "I will not be responsible for what I may do if my children are taken away." Seeing how I was the only one to make that recommendation today and if it does end up that way, if they do hurt someone I am sure I am at the top of their list. Oh well, I am sure in this line of work this will not be the last time this happens. The hearing lasted 3.5 hours so I was literally exhausted at the end.

Steven is hanging with the guys tonight watching the Rose Bowl. Seeing how I could care less about the game I was all for it, of course I had forgotten that it was the same day as this court case. Kieran seems to be coming down with something so she is being extra clingy tonight and of course will not stay asleep. Poor thing, her cheeks look so red, her medicine doesn't seem to make her feel any better. I am hoping tomorrow will be a lot smoother and less stressful. I need it to be.

No comments: