Sunday, January 15, 2006

Very Lucky!

This week has been stressful of course, like every other one in the past 6 months. On Friday on my way back from the last visit I had of the week, I was turning into our subdivision off of the highway when I felt a very large jolt/ram. Immediately I realized I had been rear ended, so instinctively I punched the gas and went forward. As soon as I got the car on the side of the road I got out to check on the other car, just glimpsing at my car I saw nothing. Upon going to the car that had hit me I realized that there were 3 other cars involved. The guy that hit me had been rear ended and that guy had been rear ended by another. It was a domino effect. The guy behind me had two kids in his but they were all ok, the guy behind him had hurt his neck but was otherwise ok. The guy that caused the wreck had a hurt hand, but otherwise everyone was ok. I called 911 and while waiting for the cops to come I went and looked over at my car and was just amazed that there was no damage. Other than some paint peeling off of a part from when it was bounced in, nothing was visible. I was shocked. I mean I was rammed pretty good. I believe I was truly lucky and blessed. I don't know if the stress of not having a vehicle would have been good for me right now. Thank you God for that.

Other than that I am still dreading going back to work on Tuesday and being on call starting Friday. Some of my cases are literally dragging me down. But I do feel blessed to have it, but it is not something I would do for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Glad you weren't hurt!