Friday, January 20, 2006

Ecclectic post today!

I started on call again, today wasn't bad though so I am not too upset. Got in touch with a childhood friend whom I haven't seen in years, very good. Had a kids night out tonight. The kids got to go to a local charity even which is sponsored through the Fayetteville Athletic Club and the get to spend an evening eating pizza, watching movies, playing and doing all kinds of neat stuff. And Steven and I finally get to go out by ourselves...at night. Usually we could only be alone together during lunch hour. It was nice and I think the kids had fun. I kind of feel sorry for the people working there though, I was asking all kinds of questions, finally Steven had to tell them, "she works at DHS, and she worries!" My trust with people and kids is not what others are. I see the worst so I of course assume it. But I also see what happens to children who are sheltered too much.

So what do Steven and I do for our date. We go to the shooting range, and shoot his new toy a 380 automatic he got for his birthday...boy do those kick! I was nervous the whole time, those things give me the whillies. I almost respect them too much (ok maybe not). Then we went to eat, then to Wal-Mart, and three hours later we go and pick up the kids. Maybe next time we will watch a movie.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Kind of like my dh works at the jail so he thinks everybody is a criminal!

Hope you had a good time!